Saturday, August 13, 2011

Beyond Method # 5

I have fallen in love with Goodreads! We have so many patrons that come into our library asking which books they have checked out. Of course we don't maintain that information in order to protect their privacy. Goodreads is a wonderful way for patrons to keep up with the books they have read, connect with other readers and discover new authors. Growing up with my nose buried in a book I was labeled a bit anti-social, Goodreads allows for a bookish social being which is long overdue and greatly appreciated!


The AlchemistThe Alchemist by Paulo Coelho

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I loved this book! I thought the style the author used was beautiful and add meaning to the material. It felt very much like reading a story as a child, full of lessons as well as forming a personal relationship with the material! I really enoyed it!



View all my reviews

I also loved Booklamp. I am always looking for new resources that will help me suggest reading material to my patrons. I think reader's advisory is the hardest part of my job. I also found it both interesting and disturbing that Shelfari is linked as a part of Amazon. The monster continues to eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment