Saturday, August 13, 2011

Beyond Method #7

I love the new options for creating presentations. I know at our library one of our staff creates wonderful slides using Power Point. These slides play continuously during the day in the Bee Cave City Hall. It would be amazing if these slides could contain movies or live feeds, like in Sliderocket! I was blown away by the different options. I loved the moving, dynamic white board of Prezi. I thought Sliderocket had a simple and wonderful interface. I was amazed that live feeds and movies were so easily inserted. I was sold on 280 Slides when I realized how easy it was to embed the presentation into a social media
outlet.

I chose to use 280 Slides. I felt it was really easy to use. I think that all the tools are amazing and I think they would work very well for tutorials for using our search catalog, a tour of the library facilities, as well as marketing regular and special events. They would also be a great way to generate interest in our Friend's Group. I know that students are now expected to create presentations and perhaps having these tools would be useful to them as well in learning how to create presentations by holding instructional workshops focusing on both presentation software technology and design.



No comments:

Post a Comment