Friday, August 12, 2011

Beyond Method # 4

I am so grateful for the many resources that are available to job seekers! I know we have so many that come in and many do not have the computer skills necessary to apply. So many employers now do not accept paper applications. They require all of their applicants to apply online. This is a huge issue since so many people still do not have access to the internet and do not have the computer skills to navigate through an application process.

One library in our area does provide some computer skill training but at this time our library does not have the staff to provide this service to patrons. The Goodwill Community Foundation training site that we were directed to in this step is a wonderful resource! I have had so many patrons in the past that needed this sort of basic information. I love that it provides information on not only what an email account is but also how to set up a facebook account. It also has information on how to use Open Office which is the open source software our library has available for our patrons use.

I had already had a lot of experience using the various job search sites, but plan to work on my own online version of my resume. Great resources that I plan to continue to explore so that I can share them with others!

No comments:

Post a Comment