Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Method 11 Podcasts

I looked at various library podcasts and listened to many of them. I loved the one called "Booktalks". It gave an interesting overview of children's books. It was really wonderful and reminded me a lot of how Levar Burton introduces stories on Reading Rainbow. It would be a great way to put in a blurb about books in any collection in the library. I discovered one promotional podcast for a summer reading program that frankly would have made me less likely to participate which brings up the obvious distinction that just because we can doesn't mean we should. If the podcast isn't executed properly I can see where it could be a distraction or even a detractor from the library programs.

I think it would be great to put a weekly storytime podcast by our Storytime Lady. Also blurbs from our librarian who purchases our collections so that if someone has a question about a book or an author they can get the information from an informed source. It would also be a great tool for "How To" segments.

I am just not sure how to pull off production so that it maintains an air of professionalism.

No comments:

Post a Comment