Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Method 12 Evaluation


I really enjoyed this traning program. As I mentioned in the survey I felt that there was the expectation that some level of computer skills were needed in order to advance. I know others in our office wanted to participate and truly did try but they needed more step by step support in order to build their confidence and skills so that they could move forward.

I think this is an important point when using any technology though. I see it all of the time with our patrons when they come in to use our computers. They know a little but there is so much that they don't use because a. they don't know it is available and b. they need someone to patiently teach them how to use those features.

I loved blogging. I wish I knew html so that I could really customize the format more, but even as limited as it is, I still had a blast. The putting the viewmaster slide over the youtube video was really amazing. I think that was a real "Cool" moment for me. I am also fascinated and definitely want to learn more about social bookmarking. Podcasts would be great for so many programs in the library. Perhaps a training session could be offered to teach us how to pull off professional looking productions.

I hope I get the opportunity to learn more and to use what I have learned before I forget it.

No comments:

Post a Comment