Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Beyond Method #9

I found the resources available for exploration very interesting and valuable. I know given our limited budget our library is always looking for free graphics and images we can use to promote our programming. I loved the Open Image site It had some great video footage that would be fun and interesting to add to a project. I also took a look at the Creative Commons section of Flickr. I found the Creative Commons search site confusing. I need to spend more time figuring out how to locate images and how to ensure they are licensed for common use.

I just finished a storytelling course as a part of my ongoing MLS coursework. We actually spent a week on digital storytelling. I love face to face performances but the ability to preserve personal and community histories is an invaluable gift. I have a cassette tape (old technology) with my great grandmother's voice recorded on it. It is a treasure. The sound of her voice sends me back to her side, listening to the many stories she shared with me.

As our society grows in expectation and media sophistication, it is important that we find ways to communicate information in new and dynamic ways.

I chose to use Animoto solely based on its own site's promise to be amazingly easy. It was! I had a great time playing with images, listening to available scores I could choose from and then watching the finished product. It is my hope that as we finish up our summer reading program that I can use this same technology to create a dynamic slideshow of the summer's events.

My video is below. I attempted to access the Techsoup winners but none were available for viewing.

I loved my storytelling course and look forward to exploring how I take advantage of these resources to enhance my storytelling.

Create your own video slideshow at animoto.com.


No comments:

Post a Comment