Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Beyond Method # 12

I'm sad to be at the end of this program. I loved it so much! I started it back in April 2011, but due to time limitations (graduate school and a hectic summer reading program) I just now had the opportunity to finish the steps. I was amazed how intimidated I was at the beginning of each step and yet due to the resources and explanations that were available found the technologies easy to learn and use. I am very interested in the digital storytelling, but had the most trouble trying to figure out how to create an original story. We just purchased a flip camera so I'm hoping to use it and grow in this area. I am especially thrilled to know how to create screen captures for the purpose of tutorials. I've been wanting to try this with our catalog for over a year and now I have the skills to do it.

I am always thrilled to have the opportunity to add new technology skills to my basket of tricks! I'm grateful that these training opportunities exist and am eager to see what is coming up next.

Since the original Two Step our library now has three blogs (storytime, reader's advisory, and the summer reading blog which averages 1000 hits each summer), a Facebook page, twitter, and flickr photos. It will be exciting to see what we can add next.

My goal working at the Bee Cave Public Library is to be an asset to both my patrons and also my supervisors and co-workers. I feel that programs like A Dozen Ways to Two Step and Beyond Two Step, provide me with the professional training necessary to help me meet my professional goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment