Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Method 9 Chatting and Pulling My Hair Out

I really love the chat widgets and programs. I have received online help from various customer service departments through online chat. It is especially helpful with computer issues. I can see where it could also be very valuable in a library setting. If a reference librarian had a chat feature where people searching for information could talk to him/her and get their input, also an online book club for readers who are just too tired after a long day at the office to venture back out to the library for a meeting.

I did get very frustrated trying to add the meebo widget to my blog. I settled for putting it in a post like the youtube video and using a slide, but it seemed that it was supposed to be a widget not a one time post.

I attempted to add it then I also attempted to edit the html of my blog, but that was very confusing. I needed more information on how to add this widget, more remedial instructions.

Chat is a good thing and it is a very good way to personalize the impersonal cyberland.

No comments:

Post a Comment