Thursday, August 11, 2011

Beyond Method #2

I loved the two library pages that had been established using Netvibe. What a wonderful tool to give to patrons using public computers. I know on our public computers the first page that our patrons see if our library's website which is helpful but many times we have patrons who are confused as to how to reach a search engine from this page. It would be wonderful to set up a welcome screen that condenses our library website, catalog access, social media sites as well as helpful resource sites all on one screen. We could have one for adults and one for children.

I confess I was clueless as to how these libraries managed to create their netvibe pages. I spent time trying to figure it out, but will need a lot more time in order to master customization. I had no idea that this was available and I'm very grateful that it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment